► TEMPORAL GUARDS
Welcome to the Temporal Guards forum. If you are a [TG] Member or a Friend of the Fleet please log-in.

If this is your first time to the site, please read Temporal Guards Fleet Information threads to learn more about us.

** Please ensure when you register to the site that your username matches your Star Trek Timelines in-game name.

BRINGING BALANCE TO THE TEMPORAL CRISIS

HomeFAQCalendarMemberlistRegisterLog in
WELCOME!!
STARBASE 207 IS HOME OF THE TEMPORAL GUARDS
[TG] Is A Top 50 Fleet
[TG] Starbase Is Level = 92
[HG2] Starbase Is Level = 28
[TG] Average Member Level = 55
Everyone Is Welcome On Our Discord Server >Click Here to Join<
Fleet Members Complete Their Dailies
To Join, Contact HaWkEyE | DBID 771784310759426
If You Are A Friend Of The Fleet or a New Member, Register To Gain Member's Rights
Share | 

GUIDE: Faction Events

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Spock ===_--=--

[TG] Merits : 872

STARFLEET ID CARD
Duty Post: Liaison Officer
Special Skill: Mind Meld
Main Weapon: Tommy Gun

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Thu Jan 25, 2018 6:01 pm

Great post, so the best strategy to my understanding is:

Send shuttles according to number 3 strategy, which is send the best three shuttles you can, and then the fourth at 40% or higher. 

Question about the last stats, the shuttles percentages seem the same, except for the count.  So in test 5 when the count is 46, why is the high score and lower score worse than 7, when the count is 40, and there is a chance to drop from 4000 to 3500?  Is the reason the scores are better on 7 because it is better to drop to 3500 and run them all at higher percentages?

[TG] Merits : 236

STARFLEET ID CARD
Duty Post: Engineering
Special Skill: Bartering / Acquisition
Main Weapon: Phaser rifle

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Mon Jan 29, 2018 11:04 am

Good question Spock. My simulator does not account for an increase in shuttle percentages when you drop to the 3500’s, so it’s not that. I could try to program that in though. Honestly I don’t know why the stats came out that way. Maybe the opportunity cost of holding your 4th shuttle until you’re at a 46 count is too much? I don’t save the raw data for every run, but I might be able to track additional stats like how many rounds were at 4000 and how many were at 3500.

There may be a sweet spot as to what the optimal count strategy is. I'm going to run simulations from 40-46 next time I get a chance. I'm also going to run a bigger sample size like 10,000+ and let you know what I come up with.

In this last event, I tracked my count the whole time and I think it helped a lot. I chose the 40+ strategy, but it was an easy event because the bonus traits covered a lot of my good crew. My first round of shuttles was 85-80-80-66 or something like that, and I was never below 40. Once my count was 50+ and I immortalized Mother Horta (and my squad leader shared Spider Barclay – thanks Sancho!) I changed my strategy a bit. I put together a 3-crew mission at 90% and time-boosted it every chance I got. Running the same missions over and over depleted my boosts for SEC and MED, so I had to change what missions I was doing. At the end of the event my shuttles were around 90-80-77-67. Never had to send out a shuttle at less than 50%. It went about as well as I could have expected.

STARFLEET ID CARD

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Wed Feb 07, 2018 10:18 am

DB is reducing the number of faction missions from 10 to 6. That means the faction kickstart (if it's still available) will only get you to 24 successful missions (1800-level). You should still do this. It won't save you as much time, but it's still worth it. I imagine most TG captains will be able to send 4 shuttles at 85-99% success rates at the levels from 1800 up to 4000. Time-boosting these if possible makes sense so you spend as little time as you can below the 4000 level. 

I'm going to pay very close attention this time around to see what the difficulty curve is from level to level. I still think it pays to try to stay in the 4000's as much as you can by loading up a majority of your shuttles at higher success rates then sending out the 4th at whatever you can get it at, rather than spreading out your crew among all your shuttles. But if you drop to the 3500-level, I think Koyote's advice is probably right: don't send out a 4th shuttle if it's below 67%. Getting back to the 4000-level is the priority. The penalty you pay for a failed mission is worth avoiding more than the score you'd get from sending out the shuttle. 

Haven't had a chance to run more shuttle simulations, will reconfigure those for the new 6-mission format and see what I come up with.

Last edited by Doublewhite on Wed Feb 07, 2018 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Iris Samira

[TG] Merits : 551

STARFLEET ID CARD
Duty Post: Communication Station 2
Special Skill: Linguistics/Communications
Main Weapon: Type 2 Phaser

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:34 am

Thank you for all this info. I handle the shuttle events differently since learning about this.  My game has improved so much since joining TG.  I appreciate the wealth of help provided here on this forum! Smile

STARFLEET ID CARD

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am

Faction Events

Faction events are a competition where you complete shuttle missions to get event points. Successful missions get you full event points for the event level you are on, and failed missions get you 20% of the full point total. You also get the usual shuttle mission prizes for successful missions.

Faction Events – what’s what

Shuttles:  you start out with 2 shuttles, but you have the option to buy two more with dilithium.  So more shuttles is better, right?  If you have a strong crew of immortalized Purples and a few Golds, having more shuttles is a significant advantage. If you don’t have a strong crew, then sending out more shuttles at lower success rates may hurt you more than it helps you.

Shuttle boosts:  it is nearly impossible to do well in a faction event without shuttle boosts.  The best way to acquire them without spending money is by completing the Thursday cadet challenges.  I also purchase the 10x basic boost for 45000 credits quite often.  Save your shuttle boosts for events.  So, how do boosts work?  Time reduction reduces the time a shuttle is out on a mission. Double rewards gives you twice the rewards but makes your shuttle take three times as long to complete the mission.  The skill boosts are less straightforward and are probably the most important ones.  We will look at a 3* Diplomacy boost as an example.  It states "Increases Diplomacy skill by 250".  In game terms, it adds 250 diplomacy to every character on that shuttle mission.  As best as I can tell, this bonus is added before the crew bonus multiplier goes into effect.  That means, on event crew that healthy 250 bonus becomes a 500 or 750 bonus!

Best bonus/some bonus:  what does this mean?!?  Each event has event crew that give Best bonus, and other event crew / traits that give some bonus. In pure mechanical terms, best bonus provides a multiplier of 3 of that character’s stats (i.e. if your character has a 500 diplomacy, the shuttle mission will treat them as if they had a 1500) and some bonus provides a multiplier of 2 (500 diplomacy is treated as if it were 1000). Use bonus crew as much as possible. You will be rewarded with event crew during the event, and leveling them during the event to use later in the event is usually a good idea.

Event packs:  event packs go on sale prior to the event starting.  If you purchase a 10x pack, you are guaranteed an event crew (they always provide the best bonus).  If you have fully leveled event crew during the event, it gives you a substantial advantage. Most faction events give out three of the same Purple event character as rewards. Buying an event pack usually gives you the fourth event character to fuse for a 4* Purple. 

Crew sharing:  when the event begins, a squad leader can select a crew member to share with the rest of his squad.  If a squad member uses the shared crew, the squad leader gets bonus points.  It helps everyone out and all squads should be doing this.

Last edited by Doublewhite on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:51 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doublewhite

STARFLEET ID CARD

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:50 am

Faction Event Scoring and Choosing Missions

To understand faction event scoring, you have to imagine a ladder (which is posted below).  When you start out, you are at the very bottom rung of the ladder.  For every successful mission, you get one point toward your success count. As your success count gets higher, you move up in event levels. The missions become longer, more difficult, and more rewarding up to the 4000-level, 3 hour missions. Now, here is the kicker. If you fail a mission, your count goes down by 1.5.  When you first start the event, your goal should be to try to get as high on the ladder as possible and time reduction boosts will be your friend here.  You can use the faction kickstart method described below at the beginning of the event to quickly get your count up into the more rewarding event levels.

After that, you need to select the best missions for your crew and your boost inventory. First step is to open every mission possible.  For 3 faction events, each faction typically has 6 missions (it used to be 10).  For one faction events, there are typically 20 missions.  With every mission open, you need to look at every one and find the 2, 3, or 4 that will give you the best success rate.  This is what you are looking for:

The number of crew required:  Lower crew requirements are better.  Shuttle missions use an average of the crew skills so your event crew get a lot more mileage when their uber stats get divided by a lower number. 3-crew missions are usually the best and often have two-skill requirements for each crew member (e.g., Command AND Security, rather than Command OR Security or just Command). 4-crew missions may be workable if you have the right crew and boosts for the mission. 5-crew missions are usually a waste and use up too much of your best crew, but may be workable if your crew has the right disciplines.

Required stats:  look for the missions that have skill requirements that match up with the event crew you have. If the featured event crew is MED, DIP, and ENG, look for missions that have MED & DIP or MED & ENG.

Overlapping stat requirements:  here's where it gets tricky.  Since shuttle boosts adds to everyone's skill, a mission requiring two diplomats is better than one requiring a diplomat and a command. NOTE: some players have found that you can boost for what the mission requires instead of what your crew actually has. Example: the mission requires ENG & MED / ENG & SCI / SCI & MED. No one on your crew for the mission has MED, but a MED boost will still work. See what boosts you have and see how they improve the mission’s success rate.

Play around with it, and when you find the missions that are best for you, only use those. You may need to change what missions you are doing from time to time as you level-up event crew, use up shuttle boosts for one skill, etc. Let all the other missions expire.  It seems like a waste, but you will probably get back enough merits to cover what you spent buying shuttle missions.

Lastly and most importantly, DON'T LET YOUR SHUTTLES SIT IDLE.  Launch them as often as you can.

Last edited by Doublewhite on Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Doublewhite

STARFLEET ID CARD

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Mon Feb 26, 2018 9:57 am

Faction Event Count Strategy

You can probably do just fine in faction events by loading up the majority of your shuttle missions with best crew, then sending the fourth shuttle if it’s above 67% success rate. But I have had really good success with keeping track of my success count throughout the event.

Strategy when your success count is below 40 (up to 3500-level)

Your goal should be to get your count to 40 as quickly as you can without risking failed missions. You probably should not send a shuttle that has less than a 67% chance of success. Time-boost missions at the lower levels if your success rates are above 90% if you want, but make sure all your missions have a success rate above 67%.

Strategy when your success count is between 40 and 50 (4000-level)

Once you get your count to 40+, you are at the top level and need to stay there. My recommendation is to load the majority of your shuttles (3 if you have 4 shuttles, 2 if you have 3) with your best crew rather than spreading your crew out over all your shuttles. This gives you a better chance of keeping your count above 40 without sacrificing your scoring chances. You can still send out your last shuttle, even if its success rate is not very high. The 20% score you get for a failed mission still contributes. Boost every shuttle you can to improve the success rate. You may think an 80% doesn’t need boosting, but boost it anyways. This will help you build up your count to 50 or more.

Strategy when your success count is above 50

Now that you have a healthy buffer against the failed mission penalty, you can take more chances. Use 2x shuttle boosts overnight if you want. Pick a mission, fill it with your best crew, and time-boost it over and over again while running other missions with skill boosts. Time-boost all your shuttles for a round and see what happens.

[TG] Merits : 1353

STARFLEET ID CARD
Duty Post: Fleet Admiral TG
Special Skill: Dueling with Spock
Main Weapon: Images found on the internet

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Tue Feb 27, 2018 4:27 pm

Doublewhite....i combined your posts and replaced the top post.

Super amazing, thank you! cheers

STARFLEET ID CARD

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Faction Events   Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:55 pm

One thing that's come up is the reduction in faction missions from 10 to 6 per faction. So when you do the faction kickstart, you will only get 24 successful missions instead of 40. While getting to 40 quickly was very important, getting to 24 quickly is still a good idea. It won't give you as much of an advantage - and it may not provide any advantage if most active captains do the kickstart, but it's better to do it than not do it. 

The main things for faction mission success are to 1) get to the top level (4000) as quickly as possible 2) don't let your shuttles sit idle and 3) choose the best missions for your crew and only do those over and over.

GUIDE: Faction Events
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
► TEMPORAL GUARDS :: [TG] HQ - STARBASE 207 :: Battle Bridge - Deck 10-
Jump to: